Family Support Registry
All child support and maintenance payments are processed through Colorado’s Family Support Registry (FSR). The FSR processes payments for cases managed by local county child support offices and orders that are not enforced by counties.
An “order not enforced by a county” (Non IV-D) account is used when:
- A Colorado court has ordered the paying parent to pay child support payments through the FSR
- Neither parent has applied for help with child support collection or enforcement at a county child support office
- The person receiving payments is not on TANF
FSR accounts are set up automatically. You will receive a notice by mail with a unique FSR account number that will be used to process your payments. You may email the FSR at firstname.lastname@example.org if you do not know your account number or have questions about the account.
Family Support Registry services include:
- An accurate legal record of all child support payments
- Access to payment information 24 hours a day in English and Spanish
- Customer service representatives available to assist you Monday - Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. MST
Email and Text Messages
You can also receive email or text messages about your FSR account. No confidential information will be shared. Standard text messaging rates may apply.
How do I sign up to receive messages?
- Login to your web account and select My Profile or create an account
- Select "opt in" for either text messaging or email messages
- Contact FSR Customer Service and request to "opt in" to receive messages through text or email
How do I stop receiving messages?
- Login to your web account and "opt out"
- Respond to a text message with "Stop"
- Contact FSR Customer Service and request to "opt out" to stop receiving messages
How do I update my cell phone number or email address if it changes?
Contact FSR Customer Service by email or phone:
Local 303-299-9123 Toll-free 800-374-6558