[Skip to Content]
Website Registration
Parents | Employers

Online Services:
Apply for Services
[Body of Page]

Foster Care

Each parent has the legal duty to pay child support or foster care fees while his or her child is in foster care. You must pay if your child is in a voluntary or court-ordered placement.

The amount you pay applies to the total cost of foster care, which will be paid up-front by the State of Colorado. It is important that you provide accurate income information since the monthly amount you are to pay is based partially on this information.

You can pay your child support from:

  • Your income
  • Worker’s compensation benefits
  • Unemployment compensation benefits
  • Disability
  • Retirement benefits
  • Other income

You can pay by income withholding or, with your permission by automatic withdrawal from your bank account.