[Skip to Content]
Website Registration
Parents | Employers

Online Services:
Apply for Services
[Body of Page]

Finding a Parent

The local county Child Support Enforcement (CSE) Unit may need to locate a parent at any time in a child support case. Local, state and federal information is used to find out where the noncustodial parent lives or works.

You can help find missing parents by giving as much information as possible to the county CSE Unit, including:

  • Full name and any other names the parent has used
  • Last known address and phone number for home and work
  • Social Security number
  • Birth date, city and state
  • Mother’s name
  • Father’s name
  • Names and locations of other children
  • Memberships in trade unions and other groups
  • Picture of the parent

Social security numbers are very helpful in finding parents. You might find a parent’s social security number on:

  • Credit applications or applications for apartment rentals
  • Admission to hospitals
  • Tax returns
  • Paycheck stubs

Also, any financial information is helpful, such as:

  • Bank accounts
  • Copies of stocks or bonds
  • Pension information
  • Tax returns
  • Insurance papers