[Skip to Content]
Website Registration
Parents | Employers

Online Services:
Apply for Services
[Body of Page]

Payments and the Family Support Registry (FSR)

Where does an employer send payments?

Mail Payments to:

  • Family Support Registry
  • P.O. Box 2171
  • Denver, CO 80201-2171
Who do we make our check payable to?
Payments sent to the Colorado Family Support Registry must be made payable to the Family Support Registry or “FSR” or they will be returned to the remitter.

What information do we need to submit with the payment to the Family Support Registry (FSR)?
Provide the following information (on the check-stub or on a separate spreadsheet) with the following information for each employee remittance:

  • Payment Amount (for each FSR Account Number*)
  • FSR Account Number*
  • Employee name
  • Employee SSN
  • Date withheld
  • Employer FEIN or FSR Employer ID number*

*The FSR Account Number and FSR Employer ID can be found on the Order/Notice to Withhold Income for Child Support or the Notice of Payment Redirection.

Can the employer get a copy of an employee’s payment record to verify that all payments have been received by the Family Support Registry (FSR)?
Yes. Upon request the FSR can provide an employer with an individual employee’s payment records for his/her FSR accounts. Contact FSR Employer Outreach Department.

What should an employer do if they have reason to believe that a payment they sent to the Family Support Registry (FSR) is missing or lost?
In order for the Family Support Registry (FSR) to search for a payment you believe was lost, we need the following information before you contact us:

  • Payment check number
  • Payment check amount
  • Date check cleared employer’s bank
  • Employee(s) name(s)
  • Employee(s) identifying information such as FSR account number or social security number

Upon request the FSR will research to see if the payment has been received. If it is determined that the payment has not been received at the FSR, and you choose to do a stop payment, you will need to advise the FSR by contacting the FSR Employer Outreach Department.

I have questions about employer payment remittance coupons from the Family Support Registry (FSR), who should I contact?
Contact the FSR Employer Outreach Department to:

  • request coupons
  • discontinue coupons
  • change the payroll frequency of an employee
  • update employer information

What are our options as an employer to submit payments to the Family Support Registry (FSR)?
The FSR currently has 3 options available for employers to remit payments:
  • Coupons - Coupons are generated after the 16th of each month to select employers who send payments to the FSR and have 10 or fewer employees with active income withholdings.
  • Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) - Employers can send withholdings using electronic funds transfer (EFT); in fact, your payroll processor may already be able to provide EFT. If not, you may contact the FSR Employer Outreach Department for assistance.
  • Automated Clearing House (ACH) Debit - This feature allows employers to make online, one-time or recurring, payments from their checking or savings account. The Colorado Family Support Registry will initiate an ACH debit to withdraw the payment for the amount designated by the employer on a specified date. This function requires an additional and login process by the employer.
    Please verify with your bank in advance to make sure your account can be debited. A vendor authorization code can be provided if needed.

Return to FAQ Menu