[Skip to Content]
Website Registration
Parents | Employers

Online Services:
Apply for Services
[Body of Page]

Driver's License Suspension

Why did I get a driver’s license suspension notice?
Partial payment or no payments are the only cause for a driver’s license notice being issued.

What can I do if my employer is deducting child support payments from my paycheck and I still got my driver’s license suspension notice?
Even though an income assignment is in place with your employer, there could be a problem with the payment process. First, check to see if the Family Support Registry (FSR) records correspond with your payment records. You can get a copy of the payment record mailed to you anytime by contacting the FSR Customer Service Department or your county Child Support Enforcement (CSE) caseworker. Use the County Unit lookup on this site to find the address and phone number of your county CSE Unit.

If there is a discrepancy, contact your payroll department to ask whether the payment was sent to the FSR after it was deducted from your paycheck. Have them check whether the correct FSR account number was submitted with the payment. Finally, contact your CSS caseworker to discuss the payment situation and the driver’s license suspension notice.

How do I get a Notice of Compliance sent to the Division of Motor Vehicles (DMV)?
Contact your county Child Support Enforcement caseworker to make payment arrangements. When the Notice of Compliance is issued, a paper copy will be mailed to you and the DMV is notified electronically at the same time. You do NOT need the paper copy of the notice to reinstate your driver’s license.

How do I reinstate my driver’s license if it has been suspended?
Once payment arrangements have been made and a Notice of Compliance has been issued, go to a DMV reinstatement office and meet the DMV requirements. For child support suspensions, you will need to pay the reinstatement fee and provide proof of insurance. If you are suspended for other reasons, contact the DMV to see exactly what is needed to reinstate your license by calling (303) 205-5613.

How do I get a “red license” (probationary license)?
Contact the DMV and meet their requirements.

Can the suspension be stopped on suspension day?
No. Suspension occurs at 12:01 a.m. on the suspension date.

Return to FAQ Menu