Family Support Registry
The Family Support Registry (FSR) is Colorado’s centralized collection and disbursement unit for processing child support and maintenance payments. Federal law requires each state to operate a unit like this.
The FSR also handles payment-related activities, such as:
- Address changes
- Payment inquiries
- Requests for printed payment records
Local courts are responsible for legal aspects of support and/or maintenance orders, such as custody changes and changing support and/or maintenance amounts. Contact the Colorado court where the order was entered for questions related to these issues.
Advantages of Using the Family Support Registry
- Provides an accurate, legal record of all payments received on your account
- Easily accessible payment records
- State-of-the-art technology ensures efficient processing of payments
- Customer service representatives are available Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. MST
- Easy-to-use coupons are provided for those who pay by check
- Electronic payment options - recurring automatic withdrawal and pay-by-phone
- Direct deposit of payments to your bank account or FSR Card
Customer service representatives in the FSR Employer Outreach Department can assist you with payment processing and new hire reporting, Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Mountain Time.
The Employer Outreach Department provides the following service and support:
- Training and support on Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) payment remittance method and File Transfer Protocol (FTP)
- Technical support for reporting new hires via the Internet and magnetic media
- Help with employer payment remittance via diskette
- An on-site trainer/liaison to answer your questions and concerns
If you would like more online information about Employer Outreach, please consult the FSR Employer Outreach Guide.
OCSE Child Support Resources
The Federal Office of Child Support Enforcement (OCSE) also offers resources and assistance concerning child support to employers. If you have further questions or need more information, please visit OCSE Employer Services.
|Colorado State Colorado Department of Human Services Division of Child Support Services eCSS Site MapContact Information|
|Privacy & SecurityAccessibility©2012 State of Colorado, Denver, CO|