[Skip to Content]
Website Registration
Parents | Employers

Online Services:
Apply for Services
[Body of Page]

Changing an Order

Either party may ask for a review of their child support order. Your reason for a review must relate to a substantial and continuing change in circumstances. The order may not be changed unless: The dollar amount of the order changes by 10% or more, OR Medical support is not ordered or has changed.

Reasons to request a review may include the following:

  • One of the children has emancipated;
  • You or the other parent have had a change in income;
  • There has been a change in the cost of raising a child (i.e. healthcare costs or day-care expenses);
  • The number of overnight visits the children have with the other parent has changed; It has been three (3) years since your last review.

The request must be in writing, signed, and submitted to the county Child Support Enforcement (CSE) Unit that is handling your case. The request must also include an Income and Expense Affidavit with supporting documentation. Both the request for review and Income and Expense Affidavit are necessary to start a review of your child support order (see links below).

The request should give a reason for the change. If the reason arises from a change in the requester's circumstances, include supporting information.

A review may result in the ordered amount going up, going down, or staying the same. The review uses the current income of both parties and expenses for the children. The Colorado Child Support Guidelines are used.

Reviewing and changing an order may take up to 6 months.

Changing a Child Support Order offered by the OCSE

Changing a Child Support Order A resource guide from the Federal Office of Child Support Enforcement
This guide offers information to help parents and people who work with parents, better understand the child support review and modification process. It explains how parents can request to have their child support order changed when their financial situation changes. Parents and others can find phone numbers, websites, and forms (where available) to help start the modification process.

Review and Adjustment Request Form and Affidavit with Respect to Child Support
The Colorado link includes both the Review and Adjustment Request form and the required Income and Expense Affidavit.
Use this form to request a review of your current child support order. Complete both the request form and the affidavit and turn in the completed forms along with the necessary verification documents listed below to the county child support worker handling your case.

Verification documents:

  • 3 months of most recent pay stubs.
  • 3 years of most recent taxes.
  • Proof of SSI or SSDI benefits.
  • Proof of medical insurance and monthly premium costs.
  • Child care receipts.
  • Birth certificates of other children for whom you are legally responsible.

You may not request a review if you do not have an open case with a child support office. See Starting a Case if you would like to apply for services.

[Skip to End of Page]